Making plans for the future has to be one of the most stressful periods of time in a person’s life. There is pressure to make the right decision and fear of making the wrong one. During this time-sensitive, high-intensity situation, Greenville is here for you. If you've made the decision to go to college and are now contemplating where to attend, we are here to help. Why should you go to Greenville University? Well, that is a big question. Here is a big answer:
- Christ-Centered education. Greenville University is proud of the fact that providing a Christian atmosphere is the number one goal. Worship numerous times per week, communication about the love of Jesus in classes, and guest speakers and events tailored to faith are just a few ways in which God is kept at the center of everything happening on campus. Jesus is our number one priority, and we strive to keep it that way.
- Experienced and knowledgeable professors. The professors at Greenville University not only know their subject, but they know how to teach it. Because of the small class sizes, it is not uncommon for one-on-one academic work to take place between students and professors. Professors at Greenville University care about the academic excellence of their students as well as their well-being.
- Challenging coursework. It may not be easy, but it is without a doubt worth it. We push one another in our academics to do our very best. The coursework at Greenville University is challenging, but the rewards of your education reap amazing benefits.
- Vast degree options. Greenville University offers a variety of major and minor choices. It is also possible to graduate with more than one degree within the usual four year time at college. Click here to view all the degree options.
- Resources available. There are many people and places on our campus that help students succeed. These include, but are not limited to, a supportive Student Success Center, financial aid help, two dining options, and updated athletic courts and fields.
- Connections and jobs. There are all sorts of on-campus employment options for students to apply and get the chance to earn money while going to school. Clubs and other organizations allow students to get connected, and some of these connections could even lead to a future career.
- Campus environment. The environment on campus is positive, upbeat, fun, and relaxing. A perfect example of our community-centered campus is that, when the weather is nice, many students gather on Scott Field in the center of campus to complete homework or fellowship with their peers.
- Financial Aid. Greenville University offers many different scholarships depending on the need and academic performance of each student. Click here to view the scholarships available.
- Small town USA. Greenville, IL is a tiny town, but that is part of who we are and what makes us so unique. Even though we may be small, we still know how to have fun! Additionally, Greenville is only 45 minutes East of St. Louis, Missouri.
- High-achieving athletic teams. Faith and academics come first, but our athletes know how to balance it all. Our athletic teams are competitive in our conference and have made many appearances in the NCAA tournaments.
This is only 10 of the countless number of reasons why Greenville University should be considered by all high school students searching for the college of their dreams. “Greenville University empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies,” is the mission of the institution. Visit the campus to see this mission in action, today!