Do you have any activities planned with your friends for this fall? As of September 22nd, fall has officially arrived! The Midwest offers a variety of activities that you and your college friends can choose from. It’s time to start planning your fall adventures, and here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Pick delicious apples.
- Fall is here, which means that the apples are ready to be picked. Grab your friends and take a road trip to the nearest apple orchard.Just an hour away from our campus is Eckert’s, a family-owned orchard in Belleville, IL. Check out Eckert’s website to plan your apple picking adventure. If you’re feeling brave, use the apples in a homemade apple pie!
- Don’t let Charlie Brown take all of the pumpkins this fall. Take your pals to the nearest pumpkin patch and find a great pumpkin of your own! Once you choose your pumpkin, use it as a decoration or carve it with some friends. Here is a locally-owned pumpkin patch just ten minutes from GU campus.
- It is pumpkin spice season! Try out an autumn-inspired drink from the nearest coffee shop, and take some friends with you. Check out Jo’s Java and Shimoji Coffee, two coffee shops in Greenville that will surely satisfy all of your espresso needs. For a fall date idea, take your significant other out and buy him/her a warm cup of jo!
- Get outside and enjoy the cool breeze and changing leaves. This weather calls for warm bonfires with friends and family. Make a fire in the fire pit by Burritt Hall this fall! Res Life often uses this location for events on campus. Bring marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate to make the tastiest s’mores. Try these creative s'mores recipes!
- How is your football team doing this season? Sports might look a little different this year, due to COVID-19, but you can still enjoy watching your favorite teams compete virtually. Most professional teams are scheduled to get back into the swing of things if they haven’t already. Tailgates or not, you can continue to support your teams from afar.
Stay tuned for one final episode of “A College Student’s Guide to Fall” on our blog site. We hope you are just as excited for fall as we are!