It is so easy to become so engrossed in our day-to-day living that we form habits. We get stuck in schedules and start getting through each day instead of making the most of every day. Being at college I know that it can be so easy to become focused on going to classes, doing homework and hanging out with friends. Have you ever wanted to experience more than this? Maybe you have tried a mission trip or several even. Mission trips are a great way to reach out to others and do great things but they only last a few weeks and sure they change us, but then we get caught up in the same routine. How can we change the world when we are at college and have so much to do?

I have always struggled with this concept. Sometimes I feel trapped in the Greenville bubble and am tempted to start counting down how many days until graduation when I can REALLY make a difference. However, I realized that when I do this I am overlooking things that I could do NOW while still in Greenville. It does not have to be difficult, or cost money, or even that much time. It can be something as simple as sitting with that person who is all alone or kind of weird. Maybe you could write someone an encouraging note or send them a Bible verse when they seem stressed or upset. It could even be starting a simple conversation with a homesick Chinese student. There are so many little things that we can do starting today to make a difference in the lives of others whether it is on campus or in the community. Don’t wait, start challenging yourself. You do not always have to leave the country to do great things, in fact God may not even want you to leave at all.

I challenge you to take some time this week to reflect and pray about how God can use you in small ways to make a difference in the small town of Greenville IL. Don’t let the excuses that you are a poor, and busy college student get in the way. Start living boldy and radically for our radical Savior, Jesus Christ!