Greenville College Blogs

Women's Soccer

Just another GC weblog

Senior Profile: Emily Rose

Posted Sunday, November 27th, 2011

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We have one final senior profile for you all (and I sincerely apologize for how long it’s taken to get this put up! Less daylight hours and bad weather pushed it back and then before we knew it the end of season was upon us!). Check out this 6th and final profile for senior goalie Emily Rose!

YouTube Preview Image

Q. How long have you been playing soccer?

A. I have been playing soccer ever since I was in second grade, so how old are you in second grade…like eight? So thirteen years.

Q. What is one of your favorite GC soccer memories?

A. My favorite soccer memory is probably in Italy. Just being with the girls and having the team chemistry there. And playing in the fountains was a big joke! So I probably love that the most.

Q. How has Greenville prepared you for life after graduation?

A. I think Greenville has prepared me for life after graduation, well soccer just the commitment that it takes to be in a sport and to be in school. So to have your studies and practices and be able to manage your time wisely. And when you don’t feel like getting up and doing it, you have to anyway so it just helps you to have that motivation to try and find motivation no matter what it is, whether you want to or not.

Q. What was one of the highlights of your senior season?

A. One of the highlights of my season this year was actually just this past game that we had. In the room Heidi and I shared a bed, and it was just ridiculous because…well it was just ridiculous! And on the sideline with Stew! It was just funny! And that’s all.

Q. Do you have any advice for future players?

A. My advice for future players is to work your hardest as much as you can, to put forth that effort if you really want that spot, and to never give up because you never know when you’re going to have a moment to come out and shine.

We are so proud of all our seniors. They have put in so much work over the last four years, and were an integral part of the success this program has had. We will miss all our seniors and wish them the best of luck in whatever lies ahead!

The Lady Panthers finished their season with a 1-0 loss to Trinity International in the regional game for the NCCAA tournament. It was a tough way to end the season, but the team had a great season filled with many triumphs and successes. Here’s to the 2012 season!

Copyright © 2017 Greenville College | Protected by Akismet | Blog with WordPress