Greenville College Blogs

Volleyball

Just another GC weblog

Hannah says hello…

Posted Wednesday, December 21st, 2011

And to end this year’s season, and to wish you a Happy Holidays we finish with Jr. Hannah Groves.

YouTube Preview Image

Q: What is your name?

A: My name is Hannah Groves

Q: Where are you from?

A: I am from Greenville, Illinois

Q: What is your major?

A: I am a Urban Cross Cultural Ministry major, with a minor in teaching english to speakers of other languages

Q: What made you want to play at Greenville College?

A: I have been playing volleyball my whole life and I Love the game, and I wanted to keep that up. I wanted to keep staying active and keep being apart of a team. In High School I played on a team that didn’t have any faith integration, that wasn’t apart of the team there wasn’t a concept of that its all about the team. It was more about how can I be, how can I get more playing time. I wanted to be apart of a team that was built on faith and was built on the bigger picture of the whole team concept.

Q: How long have you been playing volleyball?

A: I have played three seasons now, and will be going into my senior year this fall.

Q: How does it feel to be named captain of the team for the second time?

A: It is a tremendous privilege and a huge responsibility. I just feel like my job is to serve the girls in any way that I can and just be there for them, and to just help any way that I can. I see it as a primarily a servant role.

Q: What would your advice be to incoming freshmen?

A: Freshmen that are coming I would definitely say get as involved with these girls lives as much as possible this team is really big on relationships, really big on getting to know each other and loving each other. So definitely getting to know the girls, and then as far as playing goes be really strong in the off-season making sure that you are working out and staying on top of your game. Coach always says champions are made in the off-season. So just make sure that you are staying with those workouts and getting ready for the upcoming season in the fall.

Copyright © 2017 Greenville College | Protected by Akismet | Blog with WordPress