As everyone knows, the Ten-Minute Play Festival was last night. It was a blast. The house was packed (there were even people sitting on the floor!) and with good reason. The night consisted of seven plays and an intermission. The plays were Variations on the Death of Trotsky, Family Names, The Brown Shoes, Curse the Darkness, After, The Still Alarm, and The History of Why the Chicken Crossed the Road.  My personal favorites were The Still Alarm, Variations on the Death of Trotsky, and the admittedly strange The Brown Shoes. 

Overall, I enjoyed the plays. A long play is great to see, but having seven shorter plays like this really helps to showcase the talent of a larger number of people. There were several new faces on the stage who I thought did a spectacular job.

If you missed the event, then I feel bad for you, son. I’ve got 99 problems, but missing one of the most enjoyable events of the semester ain’t one.

But in all seriousness, congratulations to everyone who preformed, directed, and helped out.

I didn’t take any pictures myself, but here are a few production photos taken by the illustrious David Ulmer:

Variations on the Death of Trotsky - directed by Nathan Ondracek

Starring: Jeff Langley, Em Martin, and Perrin Robinson

Family Names - directed by Alycia Shaw

Starring: Joy Gorrell and Meagan Gunn

Brown Shoes - directed by Jes Nix

Starring: Britnee Sanders, Diana Buchanan, and Seth Balla

Curse the Darkness - directed by Jamie Fuller and Jes Nix

Starring: Erin Pennington, Christie McMahon, Jes Adam, and Doug Pritchett

After - directed by Erin Pennington

Starring: Shayla Story and Elise Cranston

Still Alarm - directed by Mark Van Tol

Starring: Jeff Langley, Daniel Ruder, Aly Gosselin, and Jes Adam

The History of Why the Chicken Crossed the Road - directed by Erin Pennington & Alycia Shaw

Starring: Tyler Semple, Jennifer Carter, and Perrin Robinson

(Check out all the pictures here!)

Once again, great job to everyone. You preformed flawlessly.