In part 2 of the GCSA: Icebreakers, I talked to Tim Burge, who is in charge of campus organizations. I asked him about what he does in GCSA, what his favorite book is, and what ice cream flavor he would be! Watch or read the interview below.

YouTube Preview Image

What do you do in GCSA?

As the director for campus organizations, I am in charge of the clubs and organizations on campus, with them chartering or getting organized in the first place or wanting a budget, they go through me, I work with them to get a budget done and then we present it before senate. I also work with the class cabinets and just try and keep them on track, make sure they’re doing what they’re supposed to be doing. Lately I have been having them get together. I’ve tried to get them to get together with the leaders of clubs and organizations so that they can work together and collaborate on more things this year. As my position, I’m also in charge of planning the leadership conference this year, and so that is also underway.

What are your top 5 strengths?

My top five strengths are Developer, Includer, Competition, Strategic, and Adaptability.

What is your favorite book?

I would probably have to say that my favorite book is Wicked.

What do you like to do in your free time?

Free time. I would say, in the free time that I have during the semester, I like to hang out with friends, I like to…I like to read. I think meeting up with friends for coffee or having lunch or something like that is one of my favorite things to do.

If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?

Three wishes…I suppose one of them can’t be a neverending wish. I would say one of them would be the ability to read super quickly, so that way I could read lots of books. I think one would be…I’d really like to know what it’s like to fly, so maybe I’d ask for the ability to fly. And maybe on a line with that one…well, I already have a passport. I suppose I’d ask for money just so I could do more things when I fly there.

Who is your favorite cartoon character?

Scooby Doo. Hands down. I watched Scooby Doo all the time as a kid, so it definitely has to be my favorite.

If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be?

Well, the only type of ice cream that I ever eat is anything with cookie dough in it, so I’d say I’d have to be…. My favorite thing to get at Dairy Queen is an Oreo Cookie Dough Blizzard, so I would say that that is what I am, simply just because I like it so much. And cookie dough is sweet, like me, and Oreos kind of mix it up from the chocolate chips that you normally get it with, so I like to mix things up.

Describe yourself in three words.

Loving, caring, and fun would be the three words.